Saturday, June 29, 2013

concrete work

This is the form for the propane tank slab. before concrete.  duh  :O)

Part of the crew working while I was still inside finishing the floor.  They all did such a great job.  Thank you all so very much for your help...  :O)

The slab has been poured and tank set.  Its been painted since then.  looks better, now to just get it plumbed into the house.  Its white with a gray top lid.

 
The approach to the van trailer shed.  now I don't have to walk in the mud when it rains :O)

some of the flour that we poured in the house (shouse as a friend calls it) Shop+house=Shouse.
There was a little dribble out of the chute but I cleaned that up before it set up and became a permanent "oh sh*t"

Here is the group working their butts off. Concrete is no joke people lol  its hard work.

just a pic of the forms before we got started.

And there it is everyone.  The main and most important piece of furniture in the Shouse!!!!  The proverbial THRONE!!!!   lol    and the shower stall too.  hehe

had to take some tin off the side of the shouse to be able  to pour the north end of the floor.  Other wise we would of had to drag the concrete all the way back there.  Don't think we would have made it if we wouldn't have took the tin off.  as it was I didn't know if I was going to make it by the end of the day, we poured the floor in two sections. One at 830 am and then the other one at 230 pm and by the time we got too the end of the second one, I told my nephew that if I fell face down in the concrete to please turn me on my back to I could at least breathe lol  sad part was that I was actually kind of serious..     Getting too old and too out of shape to be doing this shit lol     
Got all the tin put back on and I am starting to frame it in. Went to the lumber yard the other day and bought the toilet and 100 2x4's.  not cheap.  I am getting so excited about my place getting closer to being able to live in it.  Every nail and board that goes up I feel one small step closer :O) Its going to take a while, long while to get it completely done but I will be moving into it before then.  You know what though? I am building it mortgage free people.  :O)  Its all mine.     and with that I will say Be safe all  :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment