Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Alternative transportation


2007 Honda XR650L Enduro
Street legal for the highway or I can hit the back country roads :O)

I didn't want to spend the money but I decided that it would make life allot easier and cheaper to have this to run around on checking things out and going to town for groceries and such.  Last year I only had the RV for transportation and when i needed to go to town I had to load up everything up just to go to town for a day.  It was a major pain in the butt and it was in no way cheap on gas.
I also got myself into trouble twice by exploring some back roads, one time for sure I wasn't too sure if I was going to be a permanent fixture out there or not.  This way, I can do some scouting for places to park for 2 weeks at a time and I can take a gold pan along and do some sample panning to possible find a really good spot for prospecting as well.  I am sure that there will be days that I will want to just goof off and just go see where a road will lead too.  So I guess I get to have my cake and eat it too :O) one of the rare times that I get to do that lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment