Thursday, November 17, 2011

new toy :O)

this is a Fresnel lens out of a big screen projection tv, it just a plastic magnifying glass but it is strong.!!!  




This is whats left of the tv and you can see the mirror that I got out of it as well.
 I got it out around 4 pm and used it to burn a old dead tree, it started burning the wood immediately!!  even though the sun was low on the horizon and alittle hazy. I would sure hate to get careless with this thing.  there are allot of utube videos, that's where I learned about these  :O)  they are pretty amazing in what you can do with them.  I also got three smaller magnifying glasses (actually glass)  out of it also.    you can melt steel, cook, and just burn things up with them lol (I imagine you could wipe out a intire ant hill at just one short setting) no I'm not going to burn ants up lol....  going to be fun playing around with it. Like I said though, You have to be VERY CAREFUL with them, they will burn you instantly!!!!     will keep you all up to date about the experiments that I do with it. 

3 comments:

  1. You could install that sucker in your RV and see 361°. Of course, you wouldn't want to park it into the sun.

    Hey, I'm sorry to read about you losing your long-time friend. I think it wouldn't hurt quite as much if they weren't so purely loyal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to cook a hot dog with one once. Where ever the light focused it burnt and the rest was cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. on you tube I watched a video that showed a guy cooking some food but he consintrated the sun beam onto a mirror then up onto the bottomside of a cast iron skillet. Looked like it worked pretty good and he didnt focus it to the most estreme beam, kinda kept it out of focus (if that makes sense lol) looking forward to playing with it somemore when I have the time.

    ReplyDelete