Monday, September 7, 2015

more random pictures :O) and some visiting .

Got busy the other day and cleaned everything out of the kitchen so I could paint the floor. It sure would of been easier if I would have done a lot of this stuff before I moved in lol But winter was here and I was tired of being cold in the fifth wheel camper trailer :O)  gives me something to do besides sitting in the recliner lol
 
 
 
It doesn't look like much but that's the first half of the first coat. I had plenty of paint to do the job so I put it on thick and two coats.  I didn't get a finished pic yet, but it looks just like the rest of the floors I have painted in here .

 
This is the second batch of red hot cucumbers I have made but the first one I have made on my own :O) Turned out pretty good even if I do say so myself :O)

 
oh yea, this is the chest freezer I bought the other day. was out of freezer space in the frig freezer so I had to do something. 10 cu ft. I know, kind of small but it should work fine for me. If not I will just have to get another one. Its big enough to hold some whole chickens, a deer or two, plus other stuff as well :O)

 
This is the finished batch, notice the white stuff on the jars? that's what happens when you don't put alittle vinegar in the water when you have hard water. oops.  but it wipes off pretty easy with a towel dampened in alittle bit of water mixed with a smidgen of vinegar.  other wise it will harden on the sides and be a pain to get off later on.

 
ummm, not sure what I did to make the picture go to the side like that :O/
Anyway lol  I had some tea lights going on night for some elimination, regular lights were way too bright for the headache I had going on. Thought it was cool.

 
 
Found this old bridge on one of my minimum maintenance roads (dirt road, not a gravel road, but a dirt road)  It has something to do with the Santa Fe trail some how. It was all covered up with dirt weeds and grass. I had to use my blade on my grader to gently and carefully to remove it all so I could read it.   

 
 
Made some more bread :O)  don't know why I'm always taking pics of the bread then putting them on here :O)  I just like home made bread and I think everyone else should too lol

 
found another rock fence, another dirt road in the middle of no where , some of those rocks must weigh 150 to 200 pounds.  no wonder them old timers were tough as nails, all they knew was hard work... 


 
another snapping turtle crossing the yard, that sandal is a size 13 by the way, so that gives you all a clue on how big this thing is. Not sure but I believe that its the same one that crossed the yard last year. Maybe not but it sure looks like the same sized one.

 
??  Had some other pictures that I had picked out to share but for some reason they didn't post on here..   will have to try again next time. Maybe it has something to do with the storm that's going on here right now. Lights are blinking sometimes so maybe that's why. 
 
Iv really been enjoying my new job, its the most laid back relaxing job I have ever had.  No stress :O)  Just blade my roads, keep the signs up and visible, mow the grass along the roads (when they get the mower fixed)  It doesn't pay a lot but for the benefits and no stress its worth it. :O)  the bosses are happy with the job I'm doing, some of the people that live on the roads I blade have actually called the boss and told him that I was doing a great job.  they are happy at least for now lol
 
In other news, the electric company keeps raising its rates :O(  going to check into maybe some solar and wind power. Its all pretty pricey but the way its going a persons not going to be able to afford to buy power from the power companies. Not sure how people are going to be able to live with the way all the prices of things are going up. Food is getting up there too :O(  go to the grocery store and get afew things for my lunches and it seems like I cant get out of there with out spending 50 dollars...Its not because I buy expensive either, I get things on sale and the cheaper stuff but it all adds up quickly.  Guess I need to be more frugal and watch the sales better...
 
 
  well, better go for now :O) be safe.  talk to you all alittle later.

No comments:

Post a Comment