Friday, April 8, 2011

The Aerobed chapter revisited

As you all remember, I was looking for another bed mattress because the aero developed a hole. I was still using it with frequent times of airing it up. Being a tight ass and not going and buying something new actually!! anyway, Last night was the night for creativity and thinking out of the box. (kinda lol) I woke up around 3 am to find the bed totally flat!! and let me tell you this little coach that folds down to a bed is NOT at all comfortable to sleep on. So I tore the blankets and the sheets off, tossed the pillows and started searching for the hole. low and behold, there is was right in the middle of the bed right on a seam. about 1/2 inch long break. I figured it was dead for sure this time. So I thought what the heck, might as well try some things. What did i have to loose? you know... So I went out to the trailer and got the duct tape, masking tape, and found a spray can of 3m spray adhesive. hehe the mattress has fuzzy top so I cleaned it the best I could with some strips of duct tape to get any dust,lent or whatever off. Then I sprayed it with the 3m and then got to putting strips of duct tape on it. 2 alternated layers of it actually in about a 8 inch square over the hole!! waited for a while, aired it up about 3/4 of the way and it held air!!! waited for a bit longer, made the bed and crawled in it with cricket and patches and went back to sleep!!! I really figured I would wake up with it flat and duct tape stuck in all the wrong places but I didn't. It's still up yeehaaa!! Going to see just how long it will last :O) So now you know how to enhance the already great ability's of duct tape, 3m adhesive spray is the chit lol.

1 comment: